Charter With Norton Yachts
Chartering on the Chesapeake Bay
Sailing is not just our business, it’s our life. Norton Yachts is pleased to offer the only charter program in the Southern Chesapeake Bay with a fleet of sailboats from 34 to 51 feet. Our charter program allows you to get out and experience all that the Chesapeake Bay has to offer.
Now that you’ve chosen the perfect boat for you from our charter fleet. Let’s get you booked!
- Choose your vessel and the dates you’d like to charter
- Check availability here
- Complete our Charter Application. The more information you provide us, the better!
- Once Norton’s has reviewed your Charter Application, we will reach out to confirm if your reservation has been accepted.
- A 50% deposit will confirm your yacht and the dates of your choice. We accept cash, check, Mastercard, Visa, or American Express.
- We will send a charter contract via email for you to sign, execute and send back to us.
- The outstanding balance is due 10 days prior to your charter start date.
Damage Deposit (refundable)
Upon arrival for charter, the charterer is required to pay a refundable Damage Deposit of $1,500 against any damages or loss that might occur during charter. A temporary hold can be placed on a credit card or we can accept cash, a money order or cashiers check. The Damage Deposit will be refunded to you within 14 days of the charter end pending any damages incurred, if any.
We understand that life is what happens when you are busy making plans. In the event that you need to cancel your trip, We always offer the ability to reschedule a charter. Trip insurance can be very cheap and very helpful when “life happens”.
Cancellations more than 30 days before your charter start:
- If your charter can’t be rescheduled and the charter is cancelled more than 30 days prior to your departure date, then your deposit if fully refundable.
- In the event of a cancellation between 30 days and 10 days, your deposit is forfeited.
- If a charter is cancelled 10 days or less prior to departure, there will be no refund.
- No charters will be cancelled or rescheduled due to inclement weather or rain.
Charters and briefings start at 8:00 am on the contract start date unless prior arrangements have been made. Briefings can take anywhere from 45 minutes – 2.5 hrs. We will take as much time as needed to completely familiarize you with your yacht.
Charters end at 4:00 pm on the contract end date. We will conduct a post-charter debrief when you return to report any problems and check the boat. Allow 30-45 minutes for our charter manager to debrief the yacht and allow you and your crew time to unload luggage and to be off the boat by 4:00 pm. We strongly encourage charterers to be back in the marina by 2:30 pm to allow ample time to refuel/pump out.
If a yacht becomes unavailable due to events beyond our control, every effort will be made to move your charter to a similar size boat with similar appointments.
Fueling & Pump Out
All charter boats must have a fuel top off and pump out as part of the Check-in process. This is an additional charge and is not included in your charter fee.
Questions? Check out our FAQ page or give us a call today at 804.776.9211 and we will be happy to assist you!